Breakfast is without a doubt the most important meal of the day. From keeping you energized and psyched up to perform everyday duties, to promoting good overall body health, eating breakfast is not something you should ignore. If you are trying to lose or maintain a healthy weight, eating a well-balanced breakfast is your best bet.
Yes. Eating breakfast can help you shed excess weight and promote better weight control. It boosts your metabolism. An increased metabolism results in more calorie-burning. By burning calories, little fat is stored in your body and the rest is converted into energy for use in various bodily functions.
This reduces your risk of gaining excess fat around the abdomen and other parts of the body. Metabolism basically helps in weight control by allowing for more calorie-burning.
To boost your metabolism and keep your weight in check, you need to consistently eat a breakfast consisting of metabolism-boosting foods. Eating loads of healthy carbs, high-quality proteins, and fiber can boost your metabolism and keep you feeling full all day long.
Let’s have a look at 4 quick and healthy breakfast recipes for metabolism boost and weight control.
1. Cream Oatmeal and Strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey
- chopped strawberries
- old fashioned oats
- In a small pot, pour water, oats, and cinnamon. Mix, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- As the mixture cooks, add strawberries and balsamic vinegar into a small bowl. Mash using the back of the fork to form a thick paste. Add yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Once the oatmeal is well cooked and the water fully absorbed, throw in the strawberry mix (in low heat) and stir until it’s all mixed up. Allow the mixture to thicken for about a minute. Remove from heat and serve.
Oatmeal, cinnamon, and vegan yogurt are known for their metabolism boosting properties. Adding these three ingredients regularly in your breakfast will surely keep your weight in check.
2. Berry English Muffin
- 1 whole-grain English muffin, sliced
- 1 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ground cinnamon
- A handful of fresh strawberries, chopped
- Spread peanut butter on sliced whole-grain English muffin, top with chia seeds, cinnamon, and strawberries
Cinnamon plays the metabolism-boosting role while the whole-grain muffin and chia seeds provide you with fiber.
Fiber keeps you feeling full longer to restrict you from overeating and also improves digestion. The peanut butter will complete the meal as it provides high-quality, fulfilling protein to help prevent cravings later in the day.
3. Chocolate Cherry Waffles
- 2 whole grain waffles
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries
- Spread the almond butter onto the waffles and top with fresh cherries.
Quick to prepare and delicious, this breakfast meal will keep your weight under control and also help you shed some.
4. Spicy Sausage
- 12 ounces frozen (thawed) bulk hot pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ tsp salt
- all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish with either shortening or cooking spray.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic, stirring frequently until the sausage loses its pink color
- Stir in bell pepper thinly chopped with a utility knife. Remove from heat
- Using a wire whisk, beat the flour, crushed red pepper flakes, eggs, milk, and salt to taste. Pour the mixture into the prepped baking dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes until the top is golden brown
Your metabolism will be flaring up after eating the red pepper flakes, the pork sausage, and the spicy cheese blend. Expect an increase in temperature after eating this easy to make, hot, and delicious breakfast dish.
An increase in body temperature results in an increase in metabolism, which leads to weight loss and better weight control.
Boosting your metabolism and maintaining a healthy weight with a metabolism-boosting breakfast has never been easier. These simple, easy to make, and scrumptious breakfast recipes will get your body burning calories and excess fats to help you maintain your desired level of fitness.
Read This Next: 6 Healthy Superfoods Recipes for Weight Loss