Many people with serious illnesses would give anything for a single day of perfect health. To become a healthy person and make the most of what you’ve got, we suggest you read this article which could help you get your life on the right path in becoming a healthy being.
Who is a healthy Person?
A healthy person ensures that he or she eats a healthy balanced meal, combined with regular exercise and a strong mind. Sounds hard? Of course it’s hard. There are so many temptations around. You have starchy foods which only get stored in the body as fat if not used as energy and fatty foods which only get stored as fat too.
Think about all the starch and fat that you consume everyday and what is happening to your body if those foods are not used up by the body.
What happens to the heart, kidneys, liver, pancreas and all the other organs in the body that are so vital to our everyday living?
It is said that the body is like a car; it needs to be taken care of or else it will break down. You all know what a car needs; regular servicing to ensure that all the parts are fully functional. Just as how a car needs things to keep running your body need healthy foods to keep going.
What does the body need?
- Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables – For vitamins and minerals to fight against diseases, bacteria and viruses and to keep the bones, teeth, hair, nails and skin healthy.
- Reduce saturated fats intake – It clogs the arteries and veins reducing the flow of blood around the body and increases the risks of hypertension, high cholesterol and diabetes;
- Get more carbs – having enough carbohydrates for energy especially if you’re a busy person.
- Protein intake – You need protein to repair the muscles that gets damaged throughout the day.
- Remember our fiber and water – the two things that we forget to have a lot of; fiber and lots and lots of water.
So what does a healthy balanced meal looks like? Read “Smart Choices” The Healthy Eating Pyramid Guide.
It doesn’t matter what age you are, how fat or slim you are or if you are a busy person. If you want to live a longer happier life, then now is the time to take the necessary steps in becoming a healthy being.