When I am in the mood for entertainment, I often revert to my “treasure box of memories”. That is what I call my memory of places I have been in Jamaica and have certainly enjoyed. My friends find it useful as well, as they regularly ask for my suggestions for fun destinations to visit with their family, partner or children. So here we go!
1. Coral Cliff -Montego Bay – feeling lucky this summer? Or do you just like the thrill of winning? Well, either way, the coral cliff is definitely for you. Sometimes a challenge is exactly what is needed to trigger creative thinking and what better way to do it than playing games that warrant skill and persistence. You get your prize as a constant reminder of the fun you had.
2. Negril Escape – I visited here for a wedding it was very scenic. If you enjoy a waterfront setting for any occasion then this is a perfect location. The deep blue sea and the lighthouse are simply breath-taking. Negril Escape is not only an events location, it also offers comfortable accommodation in its multiple villas that is in the midst of a lush flower garden.
3. Edy’s Ice Cream (at Juicy Patties, Clarendon) – planning a trip or returning to Kingston after a weekend in the country? Then, what better way to cool down your evening than with a few scoops of Edy’s Ice Cream at Juicy Patties in Clarendon? It is right on the main road, just a few kilometers before reaching highway 2000.
4. Margaritaville -Montego Bay (Boat Ride) – this was more of a romantic notion, as this ride was offered in the evening and had about eight of us on it. We were served cold beverages, alcohol or none alcohol, it was your choice. Very entertaining music set the mood for fun and when we were out far enough, the boat stopped and we had the option of putting on our bathing suits and taking a dip. The water was as transparent as glass, so we could see the fish and beautiful corals. Apparatus for snorkeling was offered. As the evening came to a close, we were brought to a strategic point where we could watch the sun set gracefully into the sea. We returned to land feeling light and renewed. Ask about it on your next visit!
5. YS Falls – Wow! Now this was nothing that I had imagined. I imagined a downscale from the famous Dunn’s River Falls, however when I went there I was overwhelmed with so much more. The tractor ride from the car park to the falls was the first enjoyment I had. Then there were the falls with lush vegetation and flowers to both sides, two freshwater pools, one of which had pebbles at the bottom which gave me the feeling of being in a pond, mmm, nice! There were picnic areas that were evenly mowed and very accommodating. The snack and souvenir shop is colorful with interesting items to buy. I was surprised with the ride that was available also, they had zip-line.
6. Rick’s Café – In the mood for an adrenaline rush? Then make your way down to West End, Negril and be entertained by the cliff jumpers. When I say cliff, I mean real high cliffs. Hats off to those guys who just plummet into the deep blue sea giving you front row seats to witness such a performance! “Respect the Cliffs”.
Rick’s Café is not only known for cliff jumping but it is a fine spot for dining as well, for friends and couples alike. Imagine eating your dinner then going out to watch the beautiful sunset, there are no words to describe that more than “simply amazing”!
7. Castleton Gardens (St. Mary) – Gardens are calming and Castleton is as well, however, it offers a little more “spice” because this Garden is divided in two by the main road, on one side is just beautiful blooming flowers and tall trees that you can admire as you walk the trail provided. On the other side is my favorite, not only are there beautiful flowers and trees to admire but there are also picnic spots and a nice river you can bathe in, it has large boulders that offer comfortable seating too.
Read This Next: 10 Frozen Desserts for Summer
Photo Credit: Instagram.com