I guess you’re reading this article because you or someone you know has sinus allergies and the cause of which is uncertain. Below are some places that you might be ignoring in and around the home which have lead to your sinus allergies acting up; also I will share some useful tips to decrease its likelihood. Let’s go:
Bathroom and Bedroom Mirrors – Use warm water, Windex or dilute some washing liquid in a basin and sponge down. Finish dry with paper towel.
TV and Computer Screens – Plug the device from the electrical outlet; damp a microfiber cloth with distilled water or with an equal ratio of distilled water to white vinegar. Never spray liquid directly onto the screen as it could run inside the device and cause damage.
Bedroom Sets – Washing sheets weekly in hot water, and keep all areas of the house, especially the bedroom, free of the dust collecting items including stuffed animals, curtains, and carpet.
Windows and Doors – Use a damp lit free cloth to wipe and clean windows and doors. Depending on your product other finishing touches can be made to leave windows and doors looking clean and sparkling.
Neglecting Standing/Ceiling Fan – You should wash standing fans and clean ceiling fan at least once per week. Unplug your stand fan and bundle the cord together so that it is not in your way, disassemble your fan if you don’t know how to please consult with your manufacturer guide. Wash with soapy water.
Bathroom Rugs – Change bathroom rugs once per week to prevent dirt and mold build-up as these can trigger allergies. Make sure bathrooms, are well ventilated. Look for areas of water damage or leaks and repair those spots.
Smoking – Like air pollutants, cigar and cigarette smoke can also irritate your nose and cause inflammation, thereby making you more susceptible to sinus infections. Stop Smoking around me!
Some Useful Tips:
- Always use wet or damp cloth when dusting, as this will reduce the amount of dust particles in the air
- Use a dust mask and gloves when doing heavy cleaning.
- Throw out old newspaper as the ink may irritate sinus allergies
- Change curtains and furniture linen
- Throw out old or stale food items from refrigerator
- Stay away from dairy products (very important)
- Go light with perfumes and body lotions or use lightly scented body lotion.
- Indoor plants should be kept to a minimum since their soil harbors and promote mold growth.
Now that you have these ideas, let me know in comments if I have left out anything or if these tips have helped to reduce your allergies.
Read This Next: 10 Simple Things You Can Do To Clear Your Sinus