Having a hard time choosing the right gift for mom? After all choosing the right gift for mom is tricky business. So here is a list of healthy gift ideas for mom that she is sure to love.
- Gift basket – Instead of a gift basket filled with sweets and chocolate, make your own by buying handpicked fruits, energy juices, maybe a yoga DVD and top it off with a gym workout top.
- A day at the Spa – Mom has been on her feet all week, taking care of the home and the kids, let mom unwind with natural treatments from a spa of choice. Give her the works, massage, happy healthy feet, and fingers and even a facial to top it all off.
- A Gym Membership – Always hear mom talking about burning some calories or getting back in shape, call up her gym of choice and buy a series of personal training sessions. Buying private sessions for yoga is another great idea to offer to mom with love.
- A Garden with a Picket Fence – Help mom to connect with nature, make a small garden and fence it around nicely with a picket fence. Plant vegetables and flowers, she will enjoy watering them in the mornings or afternoon and enjoy it even more once the harvest is ripe.
- Water Filter/Purifier – Chlorine is commonly found in our tap water. Breathing in chlorine vapors can put mom at a higher risk for fatigue, asthma, bronchitis, and both bladder and breast cancer, and I’m sure you don’t want that. Make mom happy and healthy by installing a whole-house water filter to reduce exposure or try a showerhead filter.
- Scented Candles – Get mom scented candles for a unique gift on Mother’s Day. Make sure to buy enough for her bathroom while soaking in the tub or Jacuzzi and bedroom while relaxing after a long stressful day.
- A Day Out – Take mom out for a nice picnic at the park or soak up some sun at the beach or pool.
- Music CD – Buy mom her favorite CD that she has always wanted or make a mix tape of her favorite collection of music.
- Send Flowers – Surprise mom with some scented roses or whatever her favorite flower is. Make it extra special by choosing a company that delivers flowers. She’ll love it.
- A Good Night’s Rest – We all know that adequate sleep is critical to our immune system and heart health. Buy mom a comfy bed linen like satin sheets, a new mattress or a luxurious pillow to encourage better sleep.
What are your gift ideas? Have you chosen one of our gift ideas? What’s mom’s reaction? Let us know in comments.
Photo credit: iStockphoto