International Day of Families is observed on May 15 across the world to highlight the importance of families and to promote the awareness of issues relating to families worldwide.
It is without a doubt that a family that prays together stays together, because praying together builds a bond by uniting each other under one umbrella of common goals.
It fosters a relationship built on a foundation of trust, comfort and inspiration that enable families to experience the love of the God more abundantly.
The same is also true for families that stick together, they grow together. Doing things together builds an everlasting relationship that fosters growth and results in strength and love as a family.
When we’ve got a family that will stick together through any kind of weather; our productivity increases and our engagement in life increases also. Life is simply better for us.
A Happy and Healthy Family Will:
- Pray – Never stop praying, let God be the head of your lives
- Spend time with your family, including extended family to help create a culture of bonding and sharing of experiences.
- Practice good listening skills – listening and understanding what is being said, rather than just hearing the statements made.
- Being involved in your kids’ lives – ask questions, find time to play a game of monopoly or whatever game is of interest, this can be very important for a child’s social and emotional development.
- Reduce the use of gadgets during designated family times, unless they are absolutely necessary to foster family time entertainment.
- Learn effective parental discipline techniques – Let your kids know you love them and care. Let them understand that you are trying to encourage an open relationship, but at the same time even though you can be their best friends, you have to let them know you are also their parents.
- Teach your kids how to express themselves respectfully.
The saying “Friends will come and friends will go, but a family lasts forever”, is very true. It is very important to cherish our relationship with our families and as we celebrate International Day of the Families, we are to reflect and celebrate the importance of families, people, societies and cultures around the world.
Happy International Day of the Families!!!